Water (R718) Turbo Compressor and Ejector Refrigeration/Heat Pump Technology provides the latest information on efficiency improvements, a main topic in recent investigations of thermal energy machines, plants, and systems that include turbo compressors, ejectors, and refrigeration/heat pump systems. This, when coupled with environmental concerns, has led to the application of eco-friendly refrigerants and to a renewed interest in natural refrigerants.
Within this context, readers will find valuable information that explores refrigeration and heat pump systems using natural refrigerants, polygeneration systems, the energy efficiency of thermal systems, the utilization of low temperature waste heat, and cleaner production.
The book also examines the technical, economic, and environmental reasons of R718 refrigeration/heat pump systems and how they are competitive with traditional systems, serving as a valuable reference for engineers who work in the design and construction of thermal plants and systems, and those who wish to specialize in the use of R718 as a refrigerant in these systems.
- Describes existing novel R718 turbo compressor and ejector refrigeration/heat pump systems and technologies
- Provides procedures calculating and optimizing cycles, system components, and system structures
- Estimates the performance characteristics of the thermal systems
- Exposes the possibilities for wider applications of R718 systems in the field of refrigeration and heat pumps
- ISBN: 9780081007341 |
- Hardcover: 304 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 3, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook