There is a need for "one-stop shopping" offering information regarding their possible toxicity and clinical relevance as well as recommendations for medical management of their bites. This book is the first synthesis of this information and includes evidence-based risk assessment, hazard rankings and specific recommendations regarding important species, many common in captivity.
- Fills a gap in the toxinological, medical and herpetological literature by providing a comprehensive review of this entire assemblage of snakes, with particular attention given to their capacity, real or rumored, to cause harm to humans
- A patient-centered, evidence-based approach is applied to analyzing documented case reports of bites inflicted by approximately 100 species.
- Clinical management of medically significant bites from non-front-fanged colubroids is methodically reviewed, and specific recommendations are provided
- ISBN: 9780123877550 |
- Hardcover: 364 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jun 20, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook