Discover why Vagrant is a must-have tool for thousands of developers and ops engineers. This hands-on guide shows you how to use this open source software to build a virtual machine for any purpose—including a completely sandboxed, fully provisioned development environment right on your desktop.
Vagrant creator Mitchell Hashimoto shows you how to share a virtual machine image with members of your team, set up a separate virtualization for each project, and package virtual machines for use by others. This book covers the V1 (1.0.x) configuration syntax running on top of a V2 (1.1+) core, the most stable configuration format running on the latest core.
- Build a simple virtual machine with just two commands and no configuration
- Create a development environment that closely resembles production
- Automate software installation and management with shell scripts, Chef, or Puppet
- Set up a network interface to access your virtual machine from any computer
- Use your own editor and browser to develop and test your applications
- Test complicated multi-machine clusters with a single Vagrantfile
- Change Vagrant’s default operating system to match your production OS
- Extend Vagrant features with plugins, including components you build yourself
- ISBN: 9781449336127 |
- Hardcover: 158 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: May 30, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook