Tsunamis in the European-Mediterranean Region: From Historical Record to Risk Mitigation provides readers with a much needed, reliable, and up-to-date history of the region, including descriptions and parameters of the main events from pre-history to the present that are supported by parametric catalogues, pictorial material, and examples of instrumental records, such as tide-gauge records.
The book presents a broader perspective of needed action for local and national governments, and international organizations, and is written by an internationally recognized expert in this field, providing an authoritative account of historical tsunamis in the eastern Mediterranean.
It addresses key points of tsunami mitigation, including the systems currently available for tsunami recording, monitoring, and early warning, along with a presentation of the preventative measures that can be applied in all tsunami-vulnerable regions.
- Details the systems currently available for tsunami recording, monitoring, and early warning, and the technologies that support them
- Contains numerical modeling techniques used for the generation, propagation, and inundation of tsunamis
- Presents clear examples of tsunamis in the region and their documentation, as well as comparisons with other regions globally
- Includes full-color illustrations that accompany the text
- ISBN: 9780127999272 |
- Hardcover: 290 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 3, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook