At some point in life everyone goes through difficult times: the loss of a job, illness, financial troubles, relationship difficulties, divorce, and the death of a loved one.
But is there a way to face these inevitable and often unexpected challenges without having to suffer? Is it possible to experience all the trials life may bring from a place of acceptance, curiosity, strength, and a spiritual perspective that allows you to remain connected to your joy and appreciation throughout it all?
For Pastor Mark Anthony Lord, founder of the Bodhi Spiritual Center in Chicago, living in a state of joy and appreciation no matter what is not only possible, it is actually the way God wants us to live!
In Thou Shall Not Suffer, Lord recounts the path to his own liberation from suffering and teaches that ending suffering in our lives is not about some sort of intellectual understanding; it occurs the moment we focus our attention on the healing power of self-love, acceptance, and a more expanded, deeply personal God.
Lord shares his seven-step program for facing each day with joy, possibility, and peace. Each step contains exercises designed to guide you to a new way of being in the world, one where you can:
- Re-envision a God who works for you
- Forgive yourself and others no matter what
- Quiet the voices of inner judgment and self-doubt
- Find and stay true to what you really want in life
- Make peace with the past and create a life full of passion
- Give back to your community in a meaningful way
It’s time to follow the new commandment: Thou Shall Not Suffer!
- ISBN: 9781938289187 |
- Hardcover: 152 pages |
- Publisher: Hierophant Publishing |
- Publication date: Mar 1, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook