Thorp and Covich's Freshwater Invertebrates: Keys to Nearctic Fauna, Fourth Edition presents a comprehensive revision and expansion of this trusted professional reference manual and educational textbook-from a single North American tome into a developing multivolume series covering inland water invertebrates of the world.
Readers familiar with the first three editions will welcome this new volume. The series, now entitled Thorp and Covich’s Freshwater Invertebrates, (edited by J.H. Thorp), began with Volume I: Ecology and General Biology, (edited by J.H. Thorp and D.C. Rogers).
It now continues in Volume II with taxonomic coverage of inland water invertebrates of the Nearctic zoogeographic region. As in previous editions, all volumes of the fourth edition are designed for multiple uses and levels of expertise by professionals in universities, government agencies, and private companies, as well as by undergraduate and graduate students.
- Features zoogeographic coverage for all of North America, south to the general area of the Tropic of Cancer, and Greenland and Bermuda
- Provides keys to families of freshwater insects
- Provides keys to all other inland water invertebrates at the taxonomic level appropriate for the current scientific knowledge
- Includes multiple taxonomic keys in each chapter that progress from higher to lower taxonomic levels, thereby allowing users to work up to their level of need and expertise
- Presents additional material in each chapter on group introduction, limitations to the keys, terminology and morphology, material preparation and preservation, and references
- ISBN: 9780123850294 |
- Hardcover: 762 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 28, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook