The Practice of Medicinal Chemistry, Fourth Edition provides a practical and comprehensive overview of the daily issues facing pharmaceutical researchers and chemists. In addition to its thorough treatment of basic medicinal chemistry principles, this updated edition has been revised to provide new and expanded coverage of the latest technologies and approaches in drug discovery.
With topics like high content screening, scoring, docking, binding free energy calculations, polypharmacology, QSAR, chemical collections and databases, and much more, this book is the go-to reference for all academic and pharmaceutical researchers who need a complete understanding of medicinal chemistry and its application to drug discovery and development.
- Includes updated and expanded material on systems biology, chemogenomics, computer-aided drug design, and other important recent advances in the field
- Incorporates extensive color figures, case studies, and practical examples to help users gain a further understanding of key concepts
- Provides high-quality content in a comprehensive manner, including contributions from international chapter authors to illustrate the global nature of medicinal chemistry and drug development research
- An image bank is available for instructors at www.textbooks.elsevier.com
- ISBN: 9780124172135 |
- Hardcover: 902 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jul 1, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook