The journey to become a successful writer is long, fraught with peril, and filled with difficult questions: How do i write dialogue? How do I build suspense? What should I know about query letters? Where do I start?
The best way to answer these questions is to ditch your uncertainty and transform yourself into a KICK-ASS writer. Chuck Wendig will show you how with an explosive broadside of gritty advice that will destroy your fears, clear the path, and help you find your voice, your story, and your audience.
You'll explore the fundamentals of writing, learn how to obtain publication, and master the skills you need to build an army of dedicated fans. No task is too large or small for the kick-ass writer. With his trademark acerbic wit and gut-punch humor, Wendig will explain:
- How to build suspense, craft characters, and defeat writer's block.
- How to write a scene, an ending--even a sentence.
- Blogging techniques, social media skills, and crowdfunding.
- How to write a query letter, talk to agents, and deal with failure--and success!
- ISBN: 9781599637730 |
- Hardcover: 282 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Oct 17, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook