A complete and easy-to-follow guide to Protestant origins, beliefs, practices, and traditions
Christians make up about one third of the world’s population. Among those two billion followers, over 185 million are of the Protestant faith. What are the differences between Protestant and Catholic? Both are of the Christian faith, right? These questions and more are answered in The Everything Christianity Book—an easy-to-read, inclusive treatment to one of the world’s oldest religions.Among the many questions answered:
- Who was Martin Luther?
- When did the Protestantism split from the Catholic Church?
- What are the differences between the different branches of Protestantism (Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, et. al.)?
- Do Protestant churches have a hierarchy similar to that of the Catholic Church?
- How are Christian holidays observed from the Protestant perspective?
Christians and non-Christians alike—no matter what their denomination—will gain a new understanding of the rich diversity and complexities of Protestant practices and traditions. Full of facts and figures, names, dates, and places, The Everything® Christianity Book is a stimulating, thought-provoking book on the Protestant faith.
- ISBN: 9781605509440 |
- Hardcover: 304 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Feb 10, 2004 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook