What is the best treatment for diabetes? If I have diabetes, will I end up needing dialysis? Why should I test my blood glucose if I feel fine? If I'm not overweight, why do I have diabetes?
"The Diabetes Answer Book is a terrific resource for people with diabetes and their families, whether they are newly diagnosed or have lived with diabetes for many years." - Martha M. Funnell, MS, RN, CDE, Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Center
At least 20.8 million people - 7 percent of the population - have diabetes, and this number is growing. The amount of information on the subject can be overwhelming, confusing, and often conflicting. The Diabetes Answer Book is a reassuring, authoritative reference for you and your family, providing sound advice, immediate answers, and essential information.
- What are the symptoms of hypoglycemia?
- If I am pregnant and have diabetes, what can I do to make sure my baby stays healthy?
- If I lose weight, will my diabetes go away?
- Why does stress affect my blood glucose so much?
- What can I do to lower my risk of getting kidney damage?
- What is the best diet for someone with diabetes?
Written in an easy-to-read question-and-answer format, The Diabetes Answer Book helps you fully understand diabetes and learn how to successfully manage it day to day.
- ISBN: 9781402233296 |
- Hardcover: 352 pages |
- Publisher: Sourcebooks |
- Publication date: Oct 1, 2008 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook