Terrorism and Homeland Security provides theory from several disciplines, offering explanations of problems and countermeasures to assist both practitioners searching for answers, as well as students seeking to put theory into practice. Applications at the end of chapters use assessment center and red team techniques to help the reader develop analytical and decision-making skills in the context of understanding the mindset and planning processes of terrorists. An essential resource for both students and professionals, Terrorism and Homeland Security addresses sensitive issues, asks controversial questions, and offers solutions to differentiate law, policy, and plans from reality.
* Learning objectives and key terms outline chapter content and highlight important topics.
* Scenarios are placed at the beginning of each chapter to explain concepts and relate theory to practice.
* "Reality Check" sections and critical thinking boxes help the reader to formulate alternative perspectives on issues and events in order to seek creative and improved solutions to problems.
* Discussion questions at the end of each chapter reinforce content and provide an opportunity for the reader to review, synthesize, and debate the key issues.
* Web links at the end of each chapter provide direction for additional resources, information, and research.
- ISBN: 9780080475417 |
- Hardcover: 512 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 29, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook