This ebook will teach you how to use your Mac more effectively with OS X 10.7 Lion, whether you embrace all of Lion's new capabilities or strike a balance between old and new. Mac expert and former college professor Matt Neuburg explains how to use these important new features in Lion:
- Auto Save: Fully Lion-savvy applications don't have Save commands—learn what's going on with Auto Save, and start to feel comfortable letting Lion do the work.
- Resume: Find out how to enjoy the new Resume feature that re-opens applications and windows when you restart your Mac or relaunch a program. (Also, learn how to turn it off temporarily or permanently.)
- Mission Control: Discover the many ways to enter and control Mission Control, and figure out how to make its many window-management options work for you.
- Full-screen mode: Find out how to enter and leave full-screen mode, and see how it relates to Mission Control.
- Launchpad: Launchpad brings the iPhone Home screen to the Mac. Learn how to use and customize Launchpad, and get ideas for additional ways to open your applications.
- Gestures: If you have a trackpad or Magic Mouse, get ready for gestures in Lion, since there are more of them than ever before, and it's well worth learning a few. You'll learn about gestures as you read, since many Lion commands can be invoked with a gesture.
Other new-in-Lion-related questions that you'll find answers to are these:
- What's the fun new way of entering accented characters?
- Where'd my scrollbars go?
- How do I make the text in my Finder window sidebar larger?
- How do I sort items in a Finder window, and what does "Arrange" mean?
- Where are the Appearance and the Accounts System Preference panes?
- How do I change the size of my mouse pointer icon?
- What's this All My Files entry in my sidebar?
- What's the new picture-in-a-picture zooming option?
- Where'd my user Library go?
You'll also learn how to:
- Be nimble and efficient finding your documents and applications.
- Take advantage of Lion's revised Open and Save dialogs.
- Make the screen easy on your eyes.
- Reduce "pane-ful" clutter in System Preferences.
- Enjoy the new Lion look of spelling corrections.
- Have your Mac read to you in many great new voices.
- Organize your fonts so you can easily format your text.
- Find the elusive checkbox for making the menu bar look solid.
- ISBN: 9781615423224 |
- Hardcover: 167 pages |
- Publisher: TidBITS |
- Publication date: Nov 15, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook