Stretch Blow Molding, Third Edition, provides the latest on the blow molding process used to produce bottles of the strength required for carbonated drinks. In this updated handbook, Ottmar Brandau introduces the technology of stretch blow molding, explores practical aspects of designing and running a production line, and looks at practical issues for quality control and troubleshooting.
As an experienced engineer, manager, and consultant, Brandau’s focus is on optimizing the production process, improving quality, and reducing cycle time. In this new edition, the author has thoroughly reviewed the content of the book, providing updates on new developments in stretch blow molding, including neck sizes, new equipment and processes, and the economics of the process.
The book is a thoroughly practical handbook which provides engineers and managers with the toolkit to improve production and engineering aspects in their own businesses, allowing them to save money, increase output, and improve competitiveness by adopting new technologies.
- Provides knowledge and understanding of the latest technological and best practice developments in stretch blow molding
- Includes money saving, practical strategies to optimize the production process, improve quality, and reduce cycle times
- Provides a guide to the training of operators, as well as tactics on how to troubleshoot when products are faulty, productivity is low, or machinery is not operating as expected
- ISBN: 9780323462938 |
- Hardcover: 374 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 10, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook