The book also discusses different perspectives on insomnia and hypersomnia. According to the International Classification of Sleep Disorders, insomnia is a sleep that is low in quality or a difficulty in sleeping. On the other hand, hypersomnia is a sleeping disorder characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) or prolonged nighttime sleep. The book discusses narcolepsy, a syndrome that is characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness that is associated with cataplexy and other REM sleep phenomena. The different medicines for this disease are also discussed.
People who are practicing neurology and internal medicine, especially those in pulmonary, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine specialties, will find this book valuable.
* A comprehensive resource for the study of sleep science, sleep medicine, and sleep disorders
* Fascinating noninvasive neuroimaging studies that demonstrate marked changes during different sleep states
* A state-of-the-art reference that summarizes the clinical features and management of many of the neurological manifestations of sleep disorders
- ISBN: 9780444534828 |
- Hardcover: 560 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 27, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook