Build custom business applications for SharePoint with Visual Studio LightSwitch—including intuitive apps that don’t require a single line of code. This example-driven guide takes non-programmers step-by-step through the process of creating simple apps and utilities, and shows programmers familiar with C# or Visual Basic how to build customized applications with more functionality.
Discover how to build and test your applications quickly without a lot of expensive server hardware. Once you get up to speed with LightSwitch, you’ll create quality line-of-business applications tailored to specific customer needs in no time, whether you work in-house or for a vendor.
- Learn how the LightSwitch Presentation, Logic, and Storage layers work behind the scenes
- Configure your SharePoint server and workstation to work with this development environment
- Navigate the graphical environment and its various user screens
- Use examples to build simple single-function applications for search and data entry
- Expand your app’s capabilities by using LightSwitch extensions and Silverlight controls
- Connect your LightSwitch app to external data sources, such as Excel, SQL Server, SQLite, and cloud-based applications
- ISBN: 9781449331269 |
- Hardcover: 80 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Apr 2, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook