Learn the essentials of Scalable Vector Graphics, the mark-up language used by most vector drawing programs and interactive web graphics tools. SVG Essentials takes you through SVG’s capabilities, beginning with simple line drawings and moving through complicated features such as filters, transformations, gradients, and patterns.
This thoroughly updated edition includes expanded coverage of animation, interactive graphics, and scripting SVG. Interactive examples online make it easy for you to experiment with SVG features in your web browser. Geared toward experienced designers, this book also includes appendices that explain basic concepts such as XML markup and CSS styling, so even if you have no web design experience, you can start learning SVG.
- Create and style graphics to match your web design in a way that looks great when printed or displayed on high-resolution screens
- Make your charts and decorative headings accessible to search engines and assistive technologies
- Add artistic effects to your graphics, text, and photographs using SVG masks, filters, and transformations
- Create SVG from existing vector data or XML data, using programming languages and XSLT
- ISBN: 9781491945322 |
- Hardcover: 366 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Oct 22, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook