Take your first draft from so-so to sold!
You've finished the first draft of your novel--congratulations! Time to have a drink, sit back...and start revising. But the revision process doesn't have to be intimidating. Revision and Self-Editing for Publication, Second Edition gives you the tools and advice you need to transform your first draft into a finished manuscript that agents and editors will fight for.
Inside you'll find:
- Self-editing techniques for plot, structure, character, theme, voice, and more that can be applied as you're writing to reduce your revision workload.
- Methods for fine-tuning your first draft into a tight, well-developed piece of literature.
- The Ultimate Revision Checklist, which seamlessly guides you through the revision process, step by step.
- New Chapter! Exercises and techniques for "deepening" your work to engage and excite readers like never before.
Whether you're writing a novel currently or have finished the first draft, Revision and Self-Editing for Publication, Second Edition will give you the guidance you need to revise your manuscript into a novel ready to be sold.
- ISBN: 9781599637105 |
- Hardcover: 282 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Dec 10, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook