Finding one's way amongst the myriad of provisions that govern the system of remedies and the proceedings before the three constituent courts of the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) presents a major challenge to European practitioners. It is crucial to possess a reliable, thorough guide to the relevant statutory provisions and rules of procedure – such a guide as this book, written by one of Europe's foremost jurists, provides. For every kind of case and any situation likely to arise, it clearly explains which rules apply and how to proceed. It is fully up to date, covering the renewed rules of procedure of the Court of Justice, the General Court, and the Civil Service Tribunal, as well as updated provisions and practice directions.
From foundations and principles to specifi c rules on evidence, damages, failure to act, preliminary rulings, interim measures, and much more, the book covers all essential elements of CJEU procedure, including the following:
- – division of competences between the Union courts;
- – admissibility;
- – rules regarding anonymity;
- – practice rules for the implementation of rules of procedure;
- – service of documents;
- – setting and extension of time limits, hearings, witnesses, and experts;
- – deposit and recovery of sums;
- – rules applying to the chamber system;
- – assignment of cases;
- – application of competition rules, rules on state aid, and rules on trade protection;
- – rules in cases concerning intellectual property rights;
- – rules in actions brought on the basis of an arbitration agreement;
- – rules governing access to documents;
- – delimitation of jurisdiction between the CJEU and national courts;
- – expedited procedures; and
- – scope of the rules on costs.
Each chapter ends with a list of further readings.
Any lawyer seeking appropriate remedies in any case before the CJEU will benefi t enormously from this book, whether used as a hands-on manual in particular cases or absorbed over time. It is sure to serve as an essential resource for many years to come.
- ISBN: 9789041166241 |
- Hardcover: 946 pages |
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business |
- Publication date: Mar 25, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook