Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis, volume one in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. It has been written to provide you with a detailed overview of geologic rift systems, passive margins, and cratonic basins, it features the basic principles necessary to grasping the conceptual approaches to hydrocarbon exploration in a broad range of geological settings globally.
- Named a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication
- A "how-to" regional geology primer that provides a detailed overview of tectonics, rift systems, passive margins, and cratonic basins
- The principles of regional geological analysis and the main geological and geophysical tools are discussed in detail.
- The tectonics of the world are captured and identified in detail through a series of unique geographic maps, allowing quick access to exact tectonic locations.
- Serves as the ideal introductory overview and complementary reference to the core concepts of regional geology and tectonics offered in volumes two and three in the series.
- ISBN: 9780080951867 |
- Hardcover: 900 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 16, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook