Recent Trends in Cold-Formed Steel Construction discusses advancements in an area that has become an important construction material for buildings. The book addresses cutting-edge new technologies and design methods using cold-formed steel as a main structural material, and provides technical guidance on how to design and build sustainable and energy-efficient cold-formed steel buildings.
Part One of the book introduces the codes, specifications, and design methods for cold-formed steel structures, while Part Two provides computational analysis of cold-formed steel structures. Part Three examines the structural performance of cold-formed steel buildings and reviews the thermal performance, acoustic performance, fire protection, floor vibrations, and blast resistance of these buildings, with a final section reviewing innovation and sustainability in cold-formed steel construction.
- Addresses building sciences issues and provides performance solutions for cold-formed buildings
- Provides guidance for using the next generation design method, computational tools, and technologies
- Edited by an experienced researcher and educator with significant knowledge on new developments in cold-formed steel construction
- ISBN: 9780081001578 |
- Hardcover: 332 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 27, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook