Cancer continues to be one of the major causes of death throughout the developed world, which has led to increased research on effective treatments. Because of this, in the past decade, rapid progress in the field of cancer treatment has been seen. Recent Advances in Cancer Research and Therapy reviews in specific details some of the most effective and promising treatments developed in research centers worldwide. While referencing advances in traditional therapies and treatments such as chemotherapy, this book also highlights advances in biotherapy including research using Interferon and Super Interferon, HecI based and liposome based therapy, gene therapy, and p53 based cancer therapy. There is also a discussion of current cancer research in China including traditional Chinese medicine. Written by leading scientists in the field, this book provides an essential insight into the current state of cancer therapy and treatment.
- Includes a wide range of research areas including a focus on biotherapy and the development of novel cancer therapeutic strategies.
- Formatted for a broad audience including all working in researching cancer treatments and therapies.
- Discusses special traits and results of Chinese cancer research.
- ISBN: 9780123978363 |
- Hardcover: 700 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 18, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook