This overview of project finance for the oil and gas industry covers financial markets, sources and providers of finance, financial structures, and capital raising processes. About US$300 billion of project finance debt is raised annually across several capital intensive sectors—including oil and gas, energy, infrastructure, and mining—and the oil and gas industry represents around 30% of the global project finance market.
With over 25 year’s project finance experience in international banking and industry, author Robert Clews explores project finance techniques and their effectiveness in the petroleum industry. He highlights the petroleum industry players, risks, economics, and commercial/legal arrangements. With petroleum industry projects representing amongst the largest industrial activities in the world, this book ties together concepts and tools through real examples and aims to ensure that project finance will continue to play a central role in bringing together investors and lenders to finance these ventures.
- Combines the theory and practice of raising long-term funding for capital intensive projects with insights about the appeal of project finance to the international oil and gas industry
- Includes case studies and examples covering projects in the Arctic, East Africa, Latin America, North America, and Australia
- Emphasizes the full downstream value chain of the industry instead of limiting itself to upstream and pipeline project financing
- Highlights petroleum industry players, risks, economics, and commercial and legal arrangements
- ISBN: 9780128005293 |
- Hardcover: 416 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 7, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook