Written by popular author and .NET expert Jesse Liberty, this thoroughly updated tutorial for beginning to intermediate programmers covers the latest release of Microsoft's popular C# language (C# 3.0) and the newest .NET platform for developing Windows and web applications.
Our bestselling Programming C# 3.0, now in its fifth edition, is a world-class tutorial that goes well beyond the documentation otherwise available. Liberty doesn't just teach C#; he tells the complete story of the C# language and how it integrates with all of .NET programming, so that you can get started creating professional quality web and Windows applications.
- Provides a comprehensive tutorial in C# and .NET programming that also serves as a useful reference you'll want by your side while you're working
- Covers all of the new features of the language, thoroughly integrated into every chapter, rather than tacked on at the end
- Provides insight into best practices and insight into real world programming by a professional programmer who worked with C# as an independent contractor for nearly a decade before joining Microsoft as a Senior Program Manager
- Every chapter in this book has been totally revised, and the entire book has been reorganized to respond to the significant changes in the language
- Full coverage, from the ground up of LINQ (Language Integrated Query) and other C# 3.0 language innovations to speed up development tasks
- Explains how to use C# in creating Web Applications as well as Windows Applications, using both the new Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and the older WinForms technology
This new edition of Programming C# 3.0 is for working programmers who want to develop proficiency in Microsoft's most important language. No prior .NET experience is required for you to get started. There's no time like the present to work with C# -- and no book like this one to teach you everything you need to know.
Special note to VB6 and Java programmers: if you've decided to transition to .NET, this book will take you there.
- ISBN: 9780596554880 |
- Hardcover: 608 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Dec 20, 2007 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook