The breadth of human factors in risk management is also treated, ranging from personnel and public safety to environmental impact and business interruption. This unique approach to process risk management is firmly grounded in systems
engineering. Numerous examples are used to illustrate important concepts –drawn from almost 40 years authors’ experience in risk analysis, assessment and management, with applications in both on- and off-shore operations.
This book is essential reading on the relevant techniques to tackle risk management activities for small-, medium- and large-scale operations in the process industries. It is aimed at informing a wide audience of industrial risk management practitioners, including plant managers, engineers, health professionals, town planners, and administrators of regulatory agencies.
* A computational perspective on the risk management of chemical processes
* A multifaceted approach that includes the technical, social, human and management factors
* Includes numerous examples and illustrations from real life incidents
- ISBN: 9780080455105 |
- Hardcover: 615 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jun 14, 2005 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook