Polymer Green Flame Retardants covers key issues regarding the response of polymers during fire, the mechanisms of their flame retardation, the regulations imposed on their use, and the health hazards arising from their combustion. Presenting the latest research developments, the book focuses in particular on nanocomposites, believed to be the most promising approach for producing physically superior materials with low flammability and ecological impact. The fire properties of nanocomposites of various matrixes and fillers are discussed, the toxicological characteristics of these materials are analyzed, addressing also their environmental sustainability.
Edited by distinguished scientists, including an array of international industry and academia experts, this book will appeal to chemical, mechanical, environmental, material and process engineers, upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in these disciplines, and generally to researchers developing commercially attractive and environmentally friendly fire-proof products.
- Provides recent findings on the manufacture of environmentally sustainable flame retardant polymeric materials
- Covers legislation and regulations concerning flame retarded polymeric material use
- Includes tables containing the fire properties of the most common polymeric materials
- ISBN: 9780444538093 |
- Hardcover: 942 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 14, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook