Part one provides a context for the book, discussing fundamental issues relating to packaging such as its role in society and its diverse functions, the packaging supply chain and legislative, environmental and marketing issues. Part two reviews the principal packaging materials such as glass, metal, plastics, paper and paper board. It also discusses closures, adhesives and labels. The final part of the book discusses packaging processes, from design and printing to packaging machinery and line operations, as well as hazard and risk management in packaging.
With its distinguished editors and expert contributors, Packaging technology is a standard text for the packaging industry. The book is designed both to meet the needs of those studying for the Diploma in Packaging Technology and to act as a comprehensive reference for packaging professionals.
- Provides the ideal introduction and reference for both students and experienced packaging professionals
- Examines fundamental issues relating to packaging, such as its role in society, its diverse functions, the packaging supply chain and legislative, environmental and marketing issues
- Reviews the principal packaging materials such as glass, metal, plastics, paper and paper board
- ISBN: 9780857095701 |
- Hardcover: 600 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Oct 29, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook