Over 110 effective recipes to help you build and operate OpenStack cloud computing, storage, networking, and automation
About This Book
- Explore many new features of OpenStack's Juno and Kilo releases
- Install, configure, and administer core projects with the help of OpenStack Object Storage, Block Storage, and Neutron Networking services
- Harness the abilities of experienced OpenStack administrators and architects, and run your own private cloud successfully
- Practical, real-world examples of each service and an accompanying Vagrant environment that helps you learn quickly
OpenStack Open Source software is one of the most used cloud infrastructures to support software development and big data analysis. It is developed by a thriving community of individual developers from around the globe and backed by most of the leading players in the cloud space today.
It is simple to implement, massively scalable, and can store a large pool of data and networking resources. OpenStack has a strong ecosystem that helps you provision your cloud storage needs. Add OpenStack's enterprise features to reduce the cost of your business.
This book will show you the steps to build up a private cloud environment. At the beginning, you'll discover the uses of cloud services such as the identity service, image service, and compute service. You'll dive into Neutron, the OpenStack Networking service, and get your hands dirty with configuring ML2, networks, routers, and Distributed Virtual Routers. You'll then gather more expert knowledge on OpenStack cloud computing by managing your cloud's security and migration. After that, we delve in to OpenStack Object storage and how to manage servers and work with objects, cluster, and storage functionalities. Also, as you go deeper into the realm of OpenStack, you'll learn practical examples of Block storage, LBaaS, and FWaaS: installation and configuration covered ground up. Finally, you will learn OpenStack dashboard, Ansible and Foreman, Keystone, and other interesting topics.
What You Will Learn
- Understand, install, configure, and manage Nova—the OpenStack Cloud Compute resource
- Configure ML2, networks, routers, and Distributed Virtual Routers with Neutron
- Use and secure Keystone, the OpenStack Authentication service
- Install and set up Swift and Container Replication between datacenters
- Gain hands-on experience and familiarity with Horizon, the OpenStack Dashboard user interface
- Automate complete solutions with our recipes on Heat, the OpenStack Orchestration service
- Use Ansible and Foreman to automate OpenStack installations successfully
- Follow practical advice and examples to run OpenStack in production
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at cloud system engineers, system administrators, and technical architects who are moving from a virtualized environment to cloud environments. This book assumes that you are familiar with cloud computing platforms, and have knowledge of virtualization, networking, and managing Linux environments.
Style and approach
Clear, step-by-step instructions coupled with practical and applicable recipes that'll enable you to use and implement the latest features of OpenStack.
- ISBN: 9781782174653 |
- Hardcover: 436 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Aug 19, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook