Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and tidal waves, fires, mine cave-ins, bridge collapses, ship sinkings, airplane crashes, explosions, and plagues — natural and human-engineered calamity and catastrophe have many forms and guises. In Now You Know Disasters, Q & A ringmaster Doug Lennox showcases the what, why, when, where, who, and how of everything that’s gone tragically and terribly wrong, past and present.
- How does a tsunami occur?
- Why do Canadian engineers wear iron rings?
- Who was Richter in the Richter scale?
- What was the worst freshwater ship disaster ever in North America?
- What is wildfire?
- Who was Typhoid Mary?
- How is "ring around the rosie" related to disaster?
- How did the Halifax Explosion occur?
- What was the worlds worst airplane crash?
- ISBN: 9781459718104 |
- Hardcover: 96 pages |
- Publisher: Dundurn |
- Publication date: Mar 26, 2008 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook