Divided into five sections encompassing 33 chapters, the book begins with a description of specific tumor types such as low-grade gliomas, anaplastic astrocytomas, and medulloblastoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumors, along with rare brain tumors like neurofibromatosis and other genetic syndromes. It then discusses tumors at special sites, from brainstem tumors to peripheral nerve tumors, tumors of the meninges, and optic, hypothalamic, and thalamic tumors. It also explains the neurological complications of systemic cancer and the adverse effects of some treatments.
Clinicians and neuroscientists, as well as researchers who read this book, will gain a better understanding of the clinical features and management of the neurological manifestations of tumors.
* Unique perspectives on advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of tumors of the nervous system
* An in-depth exploration of new strategies, including diagnostics, and gene and molecularly targeted therapies
* A state-of-the-art reference that summarizes the clinical features and management of the many neurological manifestations of tumors of the nervous system
- ISBN: 9780444535030 |
- Hardcover: 572 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 15, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook