Mustard Lung: Diagnosis and Treatment of Respiratory Disorders in Sulfur-Mustard Injured Patients brings together the details regarding pathophysiology, medication, and protective issues to provide a comprehensive look at health problems associated with sulfur mustard injury. It provides a bench-to-bedside look at the long term complications of vesicant exposure in humans as well as how mustard gas exposure affects lung function. By providing guidelines and approaches for the diagnosis, pathogenesis, and treatment of SM injury cases, this book is helpful for a wide range of medical researchers and clinicians.
For decades, chemical respiratory disorders were diagnosed and managed traditionally similar to other chronic respiratory diseases. However, the exact nature of chemical respiratory disorders is different and needs to be treated as such.
- Includes the most up-to-date basic and clinical research findings on sulfur mustard from top researchers
- Provides information on chemical agents, complications that arise due to sulfur mustard exposure, and drugs available to treat injuries
- Contains an appendix with practical prescription recommendations for patients affected by mustard lung
- Provides a bench-to-bedside look at the long term complications of vesicant exposure in humans as well as how mustard gas exposure affects lung function
- ISBN: 9780128039793 |
- Hardcover: 162 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 3, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook