Over 55 hands-on recipes covering the key aspects of a successful App-V deployment
About This Book
- Deploy a resilient App-V infrastructure
- Combine App-V with Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenDesktop, and System Center Configuration Manager
- Discover Shared Content Store Mode, Scripting, and Connection Groups to extend your deployment
Who This Book Is For
If you have some experience with App-V but are overwhelmed by the range of features on offer, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of App-V and common Windows Server technologies (Active Directory/Group Policy/PowerShell) is necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy a full App-V infrastructure
- Deploy App-V clients and prerequisites
- Leverage connection groups to combine App-V packages
- Reduce hardware requirements for your Remote Desktop Session Hosts
- Extend the use of your investments in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Discover which applications your users are running
- Resolve issues with your deployment quickly
- Customize App-V packages to your needs
- Scale out your App-V infrastructure to accommodate increasing requirements
With an ever-increasing number of applications being deployed in the workplace, Microsoft App-V 5 enables administrators to abstract these applications from clients, in turn reducing the time taken to complete the software deployment lifecycle. Part of the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, App-V 5 centralizes the management of applications with a variety of deployment methods to suit each environment.
With this hands-on Cookbook, you will learn how best to utilize features of App-V that you may already be familiar with, as well as gain insights into features only recently introduced such as the enhanced Connection Groups and Shared Content Store Mode.
The book starts with the deployment of a scalable App-V infrastructure and progresses to cover the sequencing of common applications, as well as how you can take advantage of the new Office 2013 and Office 365 deployment methods.
In later chapters, you will discover integrations with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenDesktop, and Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
Finally, you will learn to leverage the App-V reporting server, Microsoft Excel, and pivot tables to gain insights into which applications are being used, along with how to troubleshoot issues with your deployment.
Style and approach
A practical Cookbook full of task-based recipes, complete with screenshots and explanations to supplement.
- ISBN: 9781785283505 |
- Hardcover: 218 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Aug 17, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook