Microencapsulation and Microspheres for Food Applications is a solid reflection on the latest developments, challenges, and opportunities in this highly expanding field. This reference examines the various types of microspheres and microcapsules essential to those who need to develop stable and impermeable products at high acidic conditions. It’s also important for the novel design of slow releasing active compound capsules.
Each chapter provides an in-depth account of controlled release technologies, evidence based abstracts, descriptions of chemical and physical principals, and key relevant facts relating to food applications. Written in an accessible manner, the book is a must have resource for scientists, researchers, and engineers.
- Discusses the most current encapsulation technology applied in the food industry, including radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and dynamic NMR microscopy
- Presents the use of microsphere immunoassay for mycotoxins detection
- Covers a broad range of applications of microcapsules and microspheres, including food shelf-life, pesticides for crop protection, and nanoencapsulated bacteriophage for food safety
- ISBN: 9780128004180 |
- Hardcover: 434 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 10, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook