Meeting Health Information Needs Outside of Healthcare addresses the challenges and ethical dilemmas concerning the delivery of health information to the general public in a variety of non-clinical settings, both in-person and via information technology, in settings from public and academic libraries to online communities and traditional and social media channels.
Professionals working in a range of fields, including librarianship, computer science and health information technology, journalism, and health communication can be involved in providing consumer health information, or health information targeting laypeople. This volume clearly examines the properties of health information that make it particularly challenging information to provide in diverse settings.
- Addresses professional challenges and ethical problems of communicating health information to lay people in non-clinical settings
- Focuses on health information as a challenge for different professionals providing health information in different settings
- Emphasizes the shared challenges of information practice across different settings as well as those facing professionals in different roles
- ISBN: 9780081002599 |
- Hardcover: 376 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 4, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook