Gain expertise in designing real-world web applications using the Spring MVC framework
About This Book
- Design your own Spring web applications using tools such as Spring Boot and Spring Tool Suite
- Secure your developments with easy-to-write, reliable unit and end-to-end tests
- Deploy your application on the cloud for free and invite the whole world to see
Who This Book Is For
This book is perfect for developers who are familiar with the fundamentals of Spring programming and are eager to deepen their web development skills. Prior knowledge of the Spring MVC framework is recommended.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your own web application using Spring Boot and Spring Tool Suite
- Discover the MVC architecture and the different tools along with navigating between views
- Design complex advanced-level forms and validate the model
- Craft a RESTful application with a meaningful API and error messages
- Create maintainable unit and acceptance tests
- Secure your application while allowing it to scale
- Optimize your requests with caching, ETags, and asynchronous responses
- Deploy the web application to the cloud in a snap
Spring MVC is the ideal tool to build modern web applications on the server side. With the arrival of Spring Boot, developers can really focus on the code and deliver great value, leveraging the rich Spring ecosystem with minimal configuration.
Spring makes it simple to create RESTful applications, interact with social services, communicate with modern databases, secure your system, and make your code modular and easy to test. It is also easy to deploy the result on different cloud providers.
Mastering Spring MVC will take you on a journey from developing your own web application to uploading it on the cloud.
You begin by generating your own Spring project using Spring Tool suite and Spring Boot.
As you develop an advanced-level interactive application that can handle file uploads as well as complex URLs, you will dive into the inner workings of Spring MVC and the principles of modern web architectures.
You will then test, secure, and optimize your Spring web application and design RESTful services that will be consumed on the frontend.
Finally, when everything is ready, you will release your application on a cloud provider and invite everyone to see.
Style and approach
An iterative hands-on approach in a conversational and easy-to-follow style. Each chapter will improve on the work done in the previous one until the application is ready to be released.
- ISBN: 9781783982394 |
- Hardcover: 320 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Sep 14, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook