Discover the power of Drools 6 and Business Rules for developing complex scenarios in your applications
About This Book
- Implement and model different rules using the DRL full syntax
- Model complex business decisions and domain models in order to automate and improve your operational decisions with the Drools framework
- A practical, fast-paced, hands-on guide to help you use the different components provided by the Drools Rule Engine
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Java developers and architects who need to have a deep understanding of how to create or integrate your applications with the Drools Rules Framework. The book assumes that you know the Java language well and also have experience with some widely used frameworks, such as Spring. You should also know the basics of Maven-based applications.
What You Will Learn
- Automate your application's decisions, such as promotion applying, discount policies, fraud detection, and more.
- Quickly get started with writing your first rules using the DRL full syntax.
- Discover the power of the new syntax components of the rule language.
- Define inferences in your business rules to simplify complex decisions.
- Write decision tables, templates,domain-specific languages, and scorecards, and learn how to map them to the Drools framework.
- Harness the full operational power of Drools through all of its configuration points.
- Use Drools configurations and architectures for different environments and scenarios.
Mastering JBoss Drools 6 will provide you with the knowledge to develop applications involving complex scenarios. You will learn how to use KIE modules to create and execute Business Rules, and how the PHREAK algorithm internally works to drive the Rule Engine decisions. This book will also cover the relationship between Drools and jBPM, which allows you to enrich your applications by using Business Processes. You will be briefly introduced to the concept of complex event processing (Drools CEP) where you will learn how to aggregate and correlate your data based on temporal conditions. You will also learn how to define rules using domain-specific languages, such as spreadsheets, database entries, PMML, and more. Towards the end, this book will take you through the integration of Drools with the Spring and Camel frameworks for more complex applications.
Style and approach
Approached from a developer's perspective, the book teaches you all the advanced concepts of Business Rules applicable examples with helpful screenshots, diagrams, tutorials, and examples.
- ISBN: 9781783288632 |
- Hardcover: 330 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Mar 31, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook