If you want salient advice about your startup, you’ve hit the jackpot with this book. Harvard Business School Professor Tom Eisenmann annually compiles the best posts from many blogs on technology startup management, primarily for the benefit of his students. This book makes his latest collection available to the broader entrepreneur community.
You’ll find 72 posts from successful entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, such as Fred Wilson, Steve Blank, Ash Maurya, Joel Spolsky, and Ben Yoskovitz. They cover a wide range of topics essential to your startup’s success, including:
- Management tasks: Engineering, product management, marketing, sales, and business development
- Organizational issues: Cofounder tensions, recruiting, and career planning
- Funding: The latest developments in capital markets that affect startups
Divided into 13 areas of focus, the book’s contributors explore the metrics you need to run your startup, discuss lean prototyping techniques for hardware, identify costly outsourcing mistakes, provide practical tips on user acquisition, offer branding guidelines, and explain how a choir of angel investors often will sing different parts. And that’s just for starters.
- ISBN: 9781449370497 |
- Hardcover: 452 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: May 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook