#1 best-selling guide to South India*
Lonely Planet South India & Kerala is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the regal Mysore Palace, relax on a palm-fringed beach, or cruise through tropical Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South India & Kerala Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, volunteering, yoga, Hinduism and bazaar-shopping.
- Over 82 maps
- Covers Kerala's backwaters, Goa's beaches, Chennai's urban villages, Bengaluru's sophisticated city life, Ellora and Ajanta's Buddhist caves, Puducherry's French-colonial streets, Mysore's sandalwood markets, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South India & Kerala, our most comprehensive guide to South India, , is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on India? Check out Lonely Planet India guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; or Lonely Planet Discover India, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to South India. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, December 2013 to November 2014
- ISBN: 9781743609811 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Sep 1, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook