Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hungary is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ogle sinuous Art Nouveau architecture in Budapest, take a cruise along the blue Danube, or see the dust fly at a cowboy show; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hungary and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Hungary Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, painting, folk art, music, literature, etiquette, religion, landscapes, wildlife, wine, cuisine, and more.
- Free, convenient pull-out Budapest map (included in print version), plus over 40 maps
- Useful features - including First Time Hungary, Eat & Drink Like a Local and Month by Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Budapest, the Danube Bend, Lake Balaton, Szeged, Pecs, Sopron, Southern Transdanubia, the Great Plain, Western Transdanubia, Eger, Northern Uplands, Szentendre, Visegrad, Villany, and more.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hungary, our most comprehensive guide to Hungary, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Budapest? Check out Lonely Planet's Budapest guide for a comprehensive look at what the city has to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern Europe guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Steve Fallon, Anna Kaminski and Caroline Sieg.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- ISBN: 9781743216545 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Jun 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook