Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Guatemala is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the street markets of Chichicastenango, climb the radiant Maya ruins of Tikal or dip your toes in the ethereal Lago de Atitlan; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Guatemala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Guatemala Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, Maya heritage, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and etiquette
- Over 46 maps
- Useful features - including Maya Ruins Planning Feature, Off the Beaten Track Itinerary and Illustrated Map of Tikal
- Coverage of Antigua, Chichicastenango and other highland towns, Lago de Atitlan, Grutas de Lanquin, Semuc Champey, Tikal and other Maya ruins of El Peten, Pacific beaches, Guatemala City and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Guatemala, our most comprehensive guide to Guatemala, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Central America on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Lucas Vidgen and Daniel C Schechter.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- ISBN: 9781743217849 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Jul 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook