Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Germany is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See storybook castles arise from the Bavarian forest, raise a stein to an oompah band in a Munich beer garden, and take in the vibrant Berlin arts scene; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Germany and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Germany Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, theatre, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Berlin map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)]
- Coverage of Hamburg, Saxony, Bremen, Cologne, Rhineland, Berlin, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Black Forest, Bavaria, Munich, Central Germany, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Germany, our most comprehensive guide to Germany, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Germany? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Germany, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Berlin or Munich? Check out Lonely Planet's Berlin guide or Lonely Planet's Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest guide for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer, or Pocket Berlin, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- ISBN: 9781743216101 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Mar 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook