Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads with Lonely Planet France's Classic Trips. We've chosen ten of our all-time favourite road trips that showcase the best France has to offer, thrown in up-to-date city guides for Paris, Lyon, and Nice for stretch-your-legs stops along the way, and provided essential road trip information to get you cruising. Explore island abbeys, rustic wine cellars, sobering memorials, Alpine villages and the Mediterranean's shimmering coast all with your trusted travel companion. Get to France, rent a car, and hit the road! Bon voyage!
Inside Lonely Planet France's Classic Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests - there's a trip for family travellers, history buffs, culinary connoisseurs, outdoor adventurers
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - hiring a car, fuelling up, local driving rules, parking, toll roads, road conditions, licenses, insurance, language tool
- Covers Normandy, The Loire Valley, Provence, French Riviera, Alps, Pyrenees, Atlantic Coast, Med, Bordeaux, Champagne, Paris, Lyon, Nice.
Classic Trips Included:
- Essential France: The can't-misses on this epic cross-country adventure
- Champagne Taster: Taste your way around the cellars of Champagne on this fizz-fuelled trip
- Unesco Treasures: From Gothic cathedrals to papal palaces, tour France's World Heritage Sites
- D-Day Beaches: Follow the course of the WWII invasion on Normandy's Beaches
- Chateaux of the Loire: France's greatest chateaux from medieval towns to royal palaces
- Alpine Adventure: Mountain grandeur from lakeside Annecy to lofty Chamonix
- The Corniches: Three thrilling coastal roads make this the ultimate French drive
- Riviera Cruising: The best beaches, cities, villages, and nature along the legendary coast
- Pyrenees: Explore this majestic mountain landscape, easily the equal of the Alps
- Atlantic to Med: The definitive Southern France trip, linking two very different seas
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet France's Classic Trips is perfect for those planning that once-in-a-lifetime trip which includes a taste of all that makes France so beloved.
- Looking for more itinerary options? Lonely Planet France's Best Trips features 39 road trip itineraries to suit various travel agendas.
- Looking for more details? Lonely Planet France, our most comprehensive guide to France, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
- ISBN: 9781760341169 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Jul 1, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook