Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Dominican Republic is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow in the footsteps of conquistadors in Santo Domingo, claim a spot in the sand at Playa Rincon, or dance merengue till the wee hours at a Santiago bar; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Dominican Republic and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Dominican Republic Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including cuisine, history, art, architecture, music, dance, sport, politics, landscapes, wildlife
- Over 28 maps
- Covers Santo Domingo, Playa Rincon, La Vega, Damajagua, Cabarete, Punta Cana, the Peninsula de Samana, Lago Enriquillo, Pico Duarte and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Dominican Republic , our most comprehensive guide to the Dominican Republic, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Caribbean Islands guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Michael Grosberg and Kevin Raub.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
- ISBN: 9781743602287 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Sep 1, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook