Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Scotland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Celebrate with locals at a lively Edinburgh festival, go bird-watching in the Shetland Islands, or sit back with single-malt whisky after a day of gallery-hopping in Glasgow; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Scotland:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, music, politics, sport, wildlife, cuisine, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh , plus over 15 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids
- Coverage of Edinburgh, Skye and the Islands, Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Inverness, Highlands, Stirling, Northeast Scotland, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Scotland, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Great Britain, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
- ISBN: 9781743216316 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Mar 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook