Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet China is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Pass through the Gate of Supreme Harmony in Beijing's Forbidden City, hike along the Great Wall, or slurp up wonton soup amid Shanghai's neon lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of China and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet China Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, religion, cinema, calligraphy, architecture, martial arts, landscapes, cuisine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus over 120 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Regions at a Glance
- Coverage of Beijing, Tianjin, Shandong, Shanghai, Fujian, Jiangsu, Liaoning, Zhejiang, Jilin, Shanxi, Anhui, Jiangxi, Hunan, Hong Kong, Macau, Guangdong, Hainan, Sichuan, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet China, our most comprehensive guide to China, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of China? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific city? Check out Lonely Planet's Hong Kong guide, Beijing guide, or Shanghai guide for a comprehensive look at all that each city has to offer; or Pocket Hong Kong, Pocket Beijing, or Pocket Shanghai, handy guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick trips.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Damian Harper, Piera Chen, Chung Wah Chow, David Eimer, Tienlon Ho, Robert Kelly, Michael Kohn, Shawn Low, Bradley Mayhew, Daniel McCrohan, and Christopher Pitts.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
- ISBN: 9781743216408 |
- Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications |
- Publication date: Apr 1, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook