Build frontend-to-backend web applications using the best practices of a powerful, fast, and easy-to-deploy server language
About This Book
- Build a fully-featured REST API to enable client-side single page apps
- Utilize TLS to build reliable and secure sites
- A quick guide that provides everything a developer needs to know to build end-to-end web applications in Go
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for experienced programmers with minimal-to-moderate exposure to the Go language. If you have some fundamentals down, but are looking for more detail when it comes to using Go for the web, this is the book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Create a listening web server
- Route requests
- Implement SSL/TLS
- Use Go's logic-less templates
- Implement caching for maximum performance
- Use sessions and cookies
- Utilize security best practices to keep users and data safe
- Connect to data sources
- Create a RESTful API
Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. It is a statically typed language with syntax loosely derived from that of C, adding garbage collection, type safety, some dynamic-typing capabilities, additional built-in types such as variable-length arrays and key-value maps, and a large standard library.
Learning Go Web Development is a start-to-finish walkthrough of the topics most critical to anyone building a new web application. Whether it's keeping your application secure, connecting to your database, enabling token-based authentication, or utilizing logic-less templates, this book has you covered. You'll begin by learning about routing requests and implementing SSL. Moving on, you'll get to know about practices to keep users' data safe. By the end of the book, you will be able to build robust, secure, and fully-featured applications for the web.
Style and approach
This concise book demonstrates by doing. You'll build a component every step of the way and in the end, will have a blogging platform that can be used for personal experimentation and augmented to be used in production.
- ISBN: 9781785289040 |
- Hardcover: 136 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Apr 27, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook