Lead Compounds from Medicinal Plants for the Treatment of Cancer is the first volume in the series, Pharmaceutical Leads from Medicinal Plants. The plant species described in this reference have been carefully selected based on pharmacological evidence and represent today’s most promising sources of natural products for the discovery of anti-cancer drugs. Containing references to primary source material, over a hundred botanical illustrations, a table of chemical structures and much more, this book is an essential starting point for cancer researchers and those involved in anti-cancer drug discovery helping you identify the best novel lead molecules for further anti-cancer drug development.
- Provides a compilation of hundreds of medicinal plants from Europe, Asia, North and South America and Africa that contain prominent lead candidates for anti-cancer drug discovery
- Contains primary source references and hundreds of the most relevant citations from the current literature for additional research
- Offers cancer researchers and pharmaceutical scientists valuable tools such as chemical structures and promising pharmacological data to help them select the novel lead compounds that will best aid drug discovery.
- ISBN: 9780123983824 |
- Hardcover: 432 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 23, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook