This book is listed in:
- Crafts & Hobbies ( 1,158 )
Distinguished by their fine gauge and delicate beauty, the 25 projects in this book take jewelry-making to fresh and unexpected places. Using knitting to transform cold, hard wire into a moldable, organic fabric, Samantha Lopez creates sophisticated, one-of-a-kind pieces that defy definition.
Despite the complex appearance of some of the designs inside, every piece is born from the unconventional and artful combination of very basic techniques, all of which are illustrated in easy-to-follow sequences. So whether you have experience in knitting, jewelry-making or neither, you can create these projects with great success and minimal tools and materials.
You'll find a thrilling range of styles inside: delicate and ultra-feminine, rugged and industrial, vintage-inspired, classic and modern. Create each project as-is, or factor in your own original interpretations, for results sure to WOW!
Everything you need to create wearable sculptures!
- Step-by-step demonstrations of all the basic techniques needed to complete the projects: knitting, stitches, simple increases and decreases, stringing beads and more.
- 25 projects -rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces - in a breathtaking range of styles.
- Striking ways to incorporate other materials, including sheet metal, gemstones, silk, velvet and patinas for additional texture opportunities.
- A simple wire-wrapping process for stronger, more wearable pieces.
- ISBN: 9781440319631 |
- Hardcover: 128 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Jun 17, 2009 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook