Joint RES and Distribution Network Expansion Planning Under a Demand Response Framework explains the implementation of the algorithms needed for joint expansion planning of distributed generation and distribution network models, discussing how to expand the generation and distribution network by adding renewable generation, demand response, storage units, and new assets (lines and substations) so that the current and future energy supply in islands is served at a minimum cost, and with quality requirements.
This book discusses the outcomes of the models discussed, including factors such as the location and size of new generation assets to be installed. It also introduces other issues relevant to the planning of insular distribution systems, including DR and hybrid storage. DR and ESS will play a much more significant role in future expansion planning models, where the present study stresses their relevance, including additional considerations to the planning model.
- Investigates the costs and benefits of deploying energy storage systems (ESS) and DR
- Explores distribution and generation expansion planning
- Analyzes and addresses power flow constraints and the impact of real time pricing mechanisms
- Details the RES integration challenge at length
- ISBN: 9780081009536 |
- Hardcover: 110 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 27, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook