Radiation processing is widely employed in plastics engineering to enhance the physical properties of polymers, such as chemical resistance, surface properties, mechanical and thermal properties, particle size reduction, melt properties, material compatibility, fire retardation, etc.
Drobny introduces readers to the science of ionizing radiation and its effects on polymers, and explores the technologies available and their current and emerging applications.
The resulting book is a valuable guide for a wide range of plastics engineers employing ionizing radiation for polymer treatment in a range of sectors including packaging, aerospace, defense, medical devices and energy applications. Radiation resistant polymers are also explored.
- Unlock the potential of ionizing radiation in applications such as electron-beam curing and laser joining
- Gain an understanding of the selection and safe use of radiation treatment equipment
- The only detailed guide to ionizing radiation written for the plastics engineering community
- ISBN: 9781455778829 |
- Hardcover: 320 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 31, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook