This book serves as a reference for those interested in state-of-the-art research on the science and technology of ionic liquids (ILs), particularly in relation to lipids processing and analysis. Topics include a review of the chemistry and physics of ILs as well as a quantitative understanding of structure-activity relationships at the molecular level. Further, chapter authors examine the molecular basis of the toxicity of ILs, the prediction of the properties of ILs, and the rationale and steps toward a priori design of ionic liquids for task-defined applications.
Emerging research in developing lipid-inspired ILs and their prospective use in drug formulation is described. Among the highlights are the latest advances in IL-mediated biocatalysis and biotransformation, along with lipase production, purification, and activation.
- Reviews the state-of-the-art applications of ionic liquids in lipid processing and relevant areas from a variety of perspectives
- Summarizes the latest advances in the measurement of the physical and chemical properties of ionic liquids and available databases of thermodynamic property datapoints
- Presents the tremendous opportunities provided and challenges faced from ionic liquids as a newly emerging technology for lipids processing area
- ISBN: 9781630670481 |
- Hardcover: 484 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 13, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook